Low Back Pain Treatment with Chiropractic Care
Low back pain is one of the most common conditions we treat here at Woywood Integrated Medicine. In fact, about 80% of Americans will experience debilitating back pain at some point in their lives. Yet, all too often people will avoid addressing lower back pain for fear of needing invasive surgery or drug therapies with a wide range of possible side effects. Our chiropractic clinic offers a different approach that’s more effective for managing your pain. Chiropractic low back pain treatment is also safer and more cost-effective than medical management of this condition.
Identifying the Cause of Your Low Back Pain
In many cases, the specific tissues causing low back pain cannot be identified. However, it is much easier to pinpoint the factors underlying lower back pain. By addressing the factors that are leading to injuries, Dr. Woywood can help your body heal naturally and prevent future damage. Some of the most common factors that lead to low back pain include:
- Auto accidents
- Incomplete rehabilitation of previous injuries
- Poor posture
- Prolonged sitting
- Physical inactivity
- Poor diet and nutrition
- Poor workplace ergonomics
- Improper lifting techniques
- Lower spine subluxations (misalignment of the spinal vertebrae caused by injury or faulty spinal biomechanics)
Non-Surgical Low Back Pain Treatment with Chiropractic
After reviewing your personal and medical history, your low back pain treatment plan can take shape. Chiropractic physicians have successfully treated low back pain for more than a century utilizing gentle manipulation of the spinal column, or chiropractic spinal adjustments. As a drug-free, non-surgical option, chiropractic care is a conservative treatment alternative. There is no risk of serious complications associated with lumbar spinal manipulation, as well as no downtime or significant side effects.
- Clinical Care – The clinical side of your lower back pain treatment will involve spinal manipulation, which realigns the spinal structure to reduce pain, muscle spasms, and inflammation. Regular spinal adjustments are necessary to optimize spinal biomechanics and reduce the recurrence of low back pain. Dr. Woywood may also recommend other manual therapies like massage and trigger point therapy for targeted pain relief.
- Lifestyle Changes – Making healthy lifestyle changes is another key component of treating low back pain. During your chiropractic visits, you will be guided through various exercises to strengthen the muscles that support the spine and improve flexibility within the lower body. You’ll also learn how to properly fuel your body with the right diet to provide nutritional support through your natural healing process and beyond.
Find Relief from Low Back Pain in Live Oak
If you want to finally find lasting relief from lower back pain, schedule a consultation at Woywood Integrated Medicine.
For years we have helped people recover from low back pain through gentle, effective chiropractic therapies. Call our office at (210) 646-9060 or schedule an appointment online.