Dr. James Sheehan, DC
- Center Physician, Biolife Plasma Center, Universal City, TX: Jan 2020 to Present
- Center Physician, Biolife Plasma Center, San Antonio, TX: Jan 2019 to Present
- Medical Director, GlobalAid Consultants, San Antonio, TX: Aug 2018 to Present
- Staff Physician, Occupational Health Clinic, Brooke Army Medical Center, FT. Sam Houston, TX: Aug 2006 to Aug 2018
- Dean, Department of Preventive Health Services, Army Medical Department Center and School, FT. Sam Houston, TX: Aug 2015 to Aug 2018
- Chief Medical Officer (CMO), US Army South, FT. Sam Houston, TX: Jul 2012 to Aug 2015
- Chief, Clinical Operations, US Army South, FT. Sam Houston, TX: Nov 2010 to Jul 2012
- Preventive Medicine Consultant, US Forces Afghanistan, Baghram, Afghanistan: 2010
- Chair, Community Health Practices Branch, Army Medical Department Center and School, FT. Sam Houston, TX: 2006-2010
- Deputy CMO (Preventive Medicine), 1st Cavalry Division, Baghdad, Iraq: 2004 Chief, Department of Preventive Medicine, Reynolds Army Community Hospital, FT. Sill, OK: 2003, 2005-2006
- Medical Director, Aerospace Medicine Services, Ireland Army Community Hospital, FT. Knox, KY: 2000-2001
- Medical Director, Aerospace Medicine Services, 1st Attack Helicopter Battalion 3rd Aviation Regiment, Hunter Army Airfield, GA: 1998-2000
- Staff Physician, Winn Army Community Hospital, FT. Stewart, GA: 1997-1998
- Medical Director, Acute Care Clinic, Division Support Command, 3rd Infantry Division, FT. Stewart, GA: 1995-1997
- BS Biology, University of Texas at El Paso, 1989
- MD, Michigan State University, College of Human Medicine, 1994
- MPH, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 2002
- Internship: Preliminary Surgery, Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies, 1994-1995
- Residency: Public Health, Madigan Army Medical Center, 2001-2003
- AMEDD Officer Basic Course July 1992
- Brigade Surgeon Course Sep 1995
- Army Primary Flight Surgeon Course Nov 1997
- Medical Management of Chemical and Biological Casualties Aug 2002
- AMEDD Officer Advanced Course- Constructive Credit May 2003
- Toxic Chemical Training Course for Medical Support Personnel Apr 2005
- Army Command and General Staff College (ILE) Jun 2006
- Joint Humanitarian Operations Course Feb 2012
- Senior Medical Staff Officer Course Oct 2012
- Medical Strategic Leadership Program Nov 2012
- Global Health Strategies for Security May 2015
Licensure and Specialty Certification
- Current Unrestricted License: Texas. Exp 2020
- Current Unrestricted License: Georgia. Exp 2019
- Board Certified: General Preventive Medicine and Public Health. Exp 2024
- Legion of Merit: 2015
- Order of Military Medical Merit: 2009
- Meritorious Service Medal: 2006, 2010
- Bronze Star Medal: 2004, 2010
- Afghanistan Campaign Medal: 2010
- Iraq Campaign Medal: 2004
- Global War on Terror Service Medal: 2004
- Army Commendation Medal: 2000, 2001
- Army Achievement Medal: 2003, 2004
- NA TO ISAF Medal, 2010
- Outstanding Scientific Presentation by a Resident: Preventive Medicine 2003.
- Presenter, CENTCOM Regional Medical Symposium 2012. "A Paradigm Shift in Medical Engagements; the New Medical Diplomacy." February 15, 2012.
- Moderator, Preventive Medicine 201 l. "Making Food Policy Healthy: From Local Opportunities to the 2012 Farm Bill." February 19, 201 l.
- Presenter, Preventive Medicine 201 l. "Preventive Medicine Challenges in Afghanistan." February 18, 2011.
- Keynote speaker, Lou Ann Kramer Nursing Research Day 2009. "Values of the Nursing Perspective in Community Based Participatory Research". Central Texas Veterans Healthcare System, Waco Campus, Waco TX. May l, 2009
- Co-presenter, US Army Force Health Protection Conference, 2008. "The Incorporation of Military Unique Databases in 6A-F5: A Transition to Graduate Credit Curriculum." August 11, 2008.
- Presenter, Setting an Ethical Agenda in Health Promotion. "Public Health and the Increasing Global Threat of Catastrophe: Changing Perceptions of Medical Ethics." September 20, 2007.
- Co-Author, Preventive Medicine 2007. "Reducing Illness and Decreasing LostWork days in a Military Training Environment: the Effect of a Comprehensive Hand Hygiene Program." February 23, 2007.
- Co-Author, US Army Force Health Protection Conference 2005. "Reducing Lost Training Time in IET: A Comprehensive Hand Hygiene Approach at Fort Sill,
OK." Louisville, KY. August 9, 2005.
- P. Mott, B. Sisk, C. McCracken, J. Arbogast, C. Yaussy, J. Sheehan. 11 Alcoholbased instant hand sanitizer use in congregate settings: A prospective cohort study of Army basic trainees." Military Medicine, Vol. 172, No. 11. November 2007.
- Sheehan, J., Gibson, B. Sisk, B. "Expanding the Role of Preventive Medicine in the United States Army: Integration and Cooperation." Army Medical Department Journal, Apr-Jun 2007.
- Sheehan J., Gibson B., Sisk B., Suh R., Funke 0. "Public Health and Changing Perceptions of Medical Ethics." Preventive Medicine 2008. Austin, TX. February 20- 23, 2008.
- B. Sisk BSN, MPH, 8. Gibson MD, MPH, J. Sheehan, MPH, MD, 0. Funke, PhD, R. Suh, MD, MPH,MBA,MPP, E. Bermudez, PhD. "Contextual Access Criteria as a Means to Improving Patient Privacy in the Age of the Electronic Medical Record." Setting an Ethical Agenda in Health Promotion. Ghent, Belgium. September 17-20, 2007
- B. Gibson, 8. Sisk, J. Sheehan Jr, C. Smelser, R. Suh. "The Prevention Factor: How Preventive Medicine Will be a Powerful Force in Value-Based Competition.11 Preventive Medicine 2007. Miami FL. February 21-24, 2007
- Mott, P., Sisk B., Arbogast, J.W., Yaussy, C.F., Sheehan, J. "Reducing Lost Training Time in IET: A Comprehensive Hand Hygiene Approach at Fort Sill, OK." US Army Force Health Protection Conference. Louisville, KY. August 9, 2005
- Sheehan, J. "Cost Effectiveness of the Army's Aeromedical Evaluation of Asymptomatic Left Anterior Hemi-Block." Preventive Medicine 2003. San Diego CA. February 2003
- Sheehan, J., Cost Effectiveness of the Army's Aeromedical Evaluation of Asymptomatic Left Anterior Hemi-Block. Graduate Thesis, 2002 Sheehan, J., Supplement Use in an Active Duty Military Population. Residency Project, 2003